Mike and Sue Fitzgerald have been blessed with another wonderful year of good health, supporting family, and devoted friends. We would like to take this opportunity to share some of our highlights of this year.
We again concentrated on our three loving performance whippets and spent many weekends traveling the east coast to run the most enthusiastic dogs in SC. Our Sophia continues to run only when absolutely needed for numbers, at seven our Torin is running better than ever, and our Brodie clenched the #4 NOTRA (oval racing) position in the US. Although it’s completely amateur running, with our dogs only receiving titles and toys, our three whippets are totally committed to their families and trying to catch the “bunny”. Neither of us have the heart to inform them it’s really just a regular white plastic garbage bag moving along a pulley system.
Believe it or not we have entered a new decade. Mike traded in his drag bike and his Harley Davidson motorcycle only to be replaced by a hardtop SLK Mercedes convertible. It’s not quite big enough for two adults and three dogs, but we have fun riding around summer evenings by moonlight.
Mike was laid off this fall due to the economic problems that have plagued many other families. Fortunately, he has been presented with other great opportunitites and should have a new position by the beginning of 2009. On another note, Sue will be eligible for full retirement in less than a year. Future options include moving to Texas, Florida, or staying in South Carolina. We both hope our future keeps us on the east coast.
- May – Cathy, Jenifer, and Sue were able to celebrate Gean Lewis’s 80th birthday in Lake Mary, Florida.
- May – Mike and Sue attended Andrew Lewis’s graduation from the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston, SC. Andrew will work one year in Chicago before joining the Duke staff for his residency. His sister Cara Lewis moved to Washington DC to work as a lawyer.
- August - Mike was able to join his family in Destin, FL for their first family reunion.
- September - Nathan Lewis Bruschi, a junior at Dartmouth, spent the fall semester studying at the Universitat de Barcelona.
- October - Cathy L. Bruschi joined Nathan in Spain for a week.
- Thanksgiving 2009 - Cathy and family hosted another festive Thanksgiving holiday in Lake Mary, FL. Gean, Jenifer, and Sue were all able to join the Bruschi family for the celebration.
- Connie and Bill Reitz still love the serene life in Massena, NY along the St. Lawrence River.
- Bill and Judy Lewis continue to live in Tulsa, OK.
- John and Kim Lewis relish the outdoor life in Austin, TX.
- Cathy and Damian Bruschi continue to live and travel between NY and FL.
- Jenifer and Bob are busy with their thriving accounting business in Greenville, SC.
- Cathy Reitz is busy living and working as a Speech Pathologist in the Rochester, NY area.
- Keith Reitz, a fourth year medical student, is working in a hospital in Queens, NY.
- Dylan Bruschi, a sophomore in high school, is following in the foots steps of his grandfather Walter Lewis and cousin Teddy Bruschi as a football player and also has become one of the key debaters on his high school team.
We wish you and your family a very celebrated holiday.
Mike, Sue, Torin, Sophia, and Brodie